Our idea of what constitutes "food" in American culture has become so skewed that it is almost unrecognizable. Our supermarkets are packed with products whose ingredients include unpronounceable chemicals, dyes, bacteria, and growth hormones. They are irradiated without our consent and contain GMOs.It's time to bring back FOOD. Pure unadulterated organic RAW food.This blog is a documentation of my continuing journey on a plant-based lifestyle.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Coconut Bliss Euphoria & Blended Life Class at the ENC

Right now, I should be starting finishing my taxes, filling client orders, and/or folding and putting away laundry, but I figure a blog update cannot be put off any longer; it's been all sorts of procrastination over here because I was preparing for my next raw food class at the ENC The Blended Life: The Art of Raw Soups and Smoothies plus weekly menu plans, and a whole bunch of other work-related stuffies.

The Blended Life,  if I do say so myself, was the best and most fun I have had teaching a class yet. The women, amazing! They were so wonderful! All so funny, attentive, smart, and generally lovely! They really made my job so easy! I got some great feedback and the general consensus was that they loved the food! Which for me, is always the most important considering all recipes are my own creations. It would be dreadfully embarrassing if they were awful!! Can you imagine...

This class was particularly important to me because it really resonated with how I eat normally. Usually, my raw food classes involve lots of nuts and seeds because that's what people want; they want that raw gourmet transition food-- which is totally fine. It's supposed to be that way in the beginning. Yet, it is a lot more fun for me when I can show people that sure, nuts and seeds are great for getting protein and helping you transition from SAD to raw, but it's really the water-rich, mineral-dense, instant nutrition of soups and smoothies that are going to make raw foods a lifestyle vs. a diet.

What was on the menu? Oh, wouldn't you like to know!
  • Tomato Basil Soup w/ Garlic Aioli
  • Dill-licious Cucumber Soup
  • Lucious Avocado Herb Soup
  • Corn Chowder w/ Fixins'
  • Cookies N'Cream Smoothie
  • Green Smoothie Magic
  • Strawberry Milkshake
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Shake
I told the ladies that the more greens you get into your diet the better. These soups and smoothies are overflowing with oodles of good, leafy greens. I was even able to show them how to sneak those greens into the Strawberry Shake by keeping the tops of the organic strawberries on! You can't even taste it!

Strawberry Shake (using Vanilla Coconut Bliss)

Green Smoothie Magic
This was def. one of their favs.!

The ladies toasting with the Cookies N'Cream Smoothie

And to top if all off, the fabulous people at Coconut Bliss (Thanks Vince and Kiley) hooked me up with a 'Bliss Kit' so they ladies were able to try a variety of Coconut Bliss Ice Cream flavors, take home coupons, as well as a booklet all about CB, and some stickers.

Diving in!

They went wild for the Bliss! Per usual, most cannot believe the simplicity of the ingredients and how creamy the ice cream is for being total diary free! We even discussed how the fact that it is low glycemic makes it perfectly suitable for diabetics, since one women was pre-diabetic, thus proving that you can still be healthy and indulge without guilt!


Look at those happy Coconut Bliss faces!


There was hardly any left, which is good for me, because I have a tendency to proudly devour an entire pint in one sitting...and what was left was eaten for dinner by Kev...

Those were my kind of ladies! There was not a lick of ice cream..or..soup...or smoothie to be found in that kitchen proving once again that raw food is not about deprivation, moderation, or restriction.



Dieting is the devil. Raw food is seriously, guilt-free indulgence with thousands of benefits. You do the math!


This week I've got Kaia food samples to review...mmm, so delicious. <--certified cereal/granola addict.
AND the very first, Raw Food Nerd GIVEAWAY from CSN Stores!!!!



Special Thanks:
Once again thank you to Coconut Bliss for donating the Bliss Kit. You guys rock!
And Lori for taking pictures and as always, sticking around to help clean up! Couldn't
do it without you!






6 comments:

  1. You are very welcome for the Bliss kit! I am so thrilled to hear that you and the ladies enjoyed yourselves.
    We're going to have to get together and talk about smoothies, I have one for breakfast every morning and that green smoothie looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah baby: "The ladies toasting with the Cookies N'Cream Smoothie"

    I wish i was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the coconut bliss ice creams. Congratulations on the success of your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alysha,
    Looks like fun was had by all. Definitely some lucky ladies!! All of your smoothies sound yummy! *drool* lol! A+ on using eco spoons, bowls and cups! ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome job with your class! Everything looked wonderful (and I would have loved the leftovers of Coconut Bliss, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have to make myself a smoothie!!!

    ReplyDelete